At Sonoran Hills, our team is equipped to help provide you with the best tooth restoration services in the Phoenix area. We understand the importance of our mouths functioning properly while looking its best. We’re here to help you understand your implant dentistry options and provide the best guidance available in determining how to restore your oral health. We want to help you overcome the discomfort and embarrassment of missing teeth –let’s get you closer to your new smile today.
What is Implant Restoration?
Dental implants are an effective solution to replacing missing teeth. Implant dentistry is the process of placing an artificial tooth root into your jaw that will hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Our team will meet with you to determine what your needs are and work with the area’s best oral surgeons to complete your dental implant procedure. While the implant procedure will be done with an oral surgeon, we are equipped with the best resources to design, create and attached your replacement teeth to your implants.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Patients who undergo implant restoration are those who have lost one, or more, teeth and are looking for a more permanent solution than dentures. Unlike dentures, implants are attached to the jawbone and restore permanent functionality. The following are some of the advantages of going with dental implants to replace missing teeth:
- Implants will look and feel like your own teeth
- Unlike dentures, there is no fear of teeth shifting while chewing or talking
- Since the implants are fused into your jaw bone, you do not need to feel the discomfort of removable dentures
- In cases where only some teeth are missing, implants help to not disrupt those existing teeth
- Implants are durable and will last many years with diligent upkeep and care
More Specifics on the Procedure Itself
Whether you have lost one, multiple, or all of your teeth, the dental implant procedure takes a similar approach. The implant is the artificial tooth root that will be placed in your jaw in preparation for your new teeth. An abutment, or an extension from this implant will be screwed in, allowing us to attached your replacements and restore complete functionality to your mouth.
We’re here to help you understand this process – the following are the main points to understand about dental implants.
- The implant itself looks like a screw or cylinder and this is placed into your jaw in order to provide a secure and permanent replacement. A process called osseointegration will occur, which is the bonding between living bone and the surface of an artificial implant.
- During this time, a temporary tooth will be provided at the implant site and we will begin to make preparations for the creation and placement of your teeth.
- Once your implants and the extensions (abutment) are ready and your gums have healed, you will visit Dr. Ito where your replacement teeth or bridges will be created by our team and attached to the implants.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to our team with questions or concerns related to the procedure.
What’s the Next Step?
Our team is here to help you make the best decision for your health and individual situation. As a preferred provider of implant restorations in Phoenix, we can help you confidently decide on the best implant restoration approach for you, as well as provide a network qualified oral surgeons that will help the process go as smoothly and painlessly as possible. Contact our team today and we’ll get you in to start discussing which treatment is going to be best in restoring your teeth and smile.
Visit our other service pages to learn more about how we can help you achieve your oral health needs including additional cosmetic dentistry services. Learn more about our practice located in the Ahwatukee suburb of Phoenix and get to know our team and Dr. Ito – we are excited to work with you.