Your smile is one of your best features – enhance it with some of the best teeth whitening options in the Phoenix area. Patients looking to prepare for an important event or looking to eliminate stained damage can find simple and effective teeth whitening solutions at Sonoran Hills that will enhance your smile and confidence. The information below will help you get a better idea of the options we provide. Feel free to contact our team with any questions or to see about scheduling a consultation!
What Teeth Whitening Options Do We offer?
At Sonora Hills, Dr. Ito and team offer some of the most convenient teeth whitening options in Ahwatukee and the Phoenix, Arizona area. We offer two different approaches to whiten your teeth: an in-office treatment and custom trays for you to complete your own teeth whitening at home.
In-office Teeth Whitening Solution: Opalescence
One of our in-office options provides patients with the power of Opalescence whitening solution. Opalescence takes whitening to the next level. Discoloration on your teeth can be classified in one of two ways: extrinsic or intrinsic.
Extrinsic stains appear on the surface of your teeth, whereas intrinsic stains live between the microcracks in your enamel and deep within your dentin (the layer of your tooth underneath your enamel). Many other teeth whitening approaches only remove the extrinsic stains. However, Opalescence not only takes care of the extrinsic damage, it also takes care of intrinsic stains that cause your teeth to look discolored.
Opalescence contains active whitening ingredients that penetrate your enamel and target discolored molecules. Oxygen molecules from the whitening agents react with the discolored molecules in your teeth, breaking the bonds that hold them together. The oxygen molecules spread, whitening the entire tooth. As a result, you are left with a brighter, whiter smile.
Benefits of Opalescence Boost
Opalescence Boost is the solution offered in-office that gives you professional results in an hour. This approach is ideal for people who want instant results or those who have that special event coming up that requires a bright, white smile.
Benefits of this approach:
- Opalescence Boost contains PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride). Potassium nitrate has been shown to help reduce sensitivity. Fluoride has been shown to help reduce cavities and strengthen enamel. Together they help to improve the overall health of the teeth.
- Chemically activated, so no hot, uncomfortable light is needed
- Dentist-applied treatment
- Provides dramatic results in less than one hour
To learn more about this particular whitening solution, contact our office today and visit Opalescence’s website for more information.
Custom Whitening Trays for Home Use
Our second option provides customized trays that can be used when and where patients want to do their whitening. After making an appointment with our team, patients come into our office and complete a consultation with Dr. Ito. Once we evaluate your oral health and you are cleared to move forward, we will mold the trays to the unique shape of your mouth. This will help the whitening gel cover the maximum amount of tooth surface area. It also guarantees that the gums will be protected from the whitening agents.
We will provide you professional-strength gel which will reach beyond the outer layer of enamel to remove deep stains. At home, patients will line the tray with this gel and place the tray into your mouth.
The amount of times and duration in which you use the whitening gel will depend on your desired whitening goals and sensitivity; we will discuss this during your visit.
Maintaining Your Smile
These whitening solutions are very effective and relatively long-lasting. However, maintenance and awareness of how you treat your teeth will help prolong the improvements made by your whitening procedure. Here are some tips on how to help you keep your white smile last as long as possible:
- Be cautious of eating/drinking dark foods or drinks that can stain your smile. If you do find yourself eating and drinking these things or items like them, immediately brush your teeth to prevent staining.
- Continue to take brushing and flossing seriously. Cleaning your teeth at least twice a day will help remove surface stains before they become more permanent. Plaque will lead to decay which can cause discoloration.
- Keeping your regularly scheduled visits with Dr. Ito will ensure that he catches any potential issues and address them before any staining occurs.
- Avoid stain-inducing habits like smoking. Any tobacco use stains the teeth very quickly. Decreasing the amount of tobacco you use can help minimize the staining; however, quitting altogether is the only way to effectively avoid stains.
Next Step to a Whiter Smile
As a preferred choice for teeth whitening in the Phoenix area, we provide convenient and effective whitening solutions that will no doubt meet and exceed your expectations. Contact our team today and we’ll get you in to discuss which treatment is going to be best for your individual needs.
In the meantime, learn more about our practice located in the Ahwatukee suburb of Phoenix, the additional services we provide, including natural tooth colored fillings to match your bright smile. Also, get to know our team and Dr. Ito – your Phoenix dental provider. We look forward to earning your trust and providing you and your family the best dentistry services in the area.