At Sonoran Hills, Dr. Ito understands the significance of a beautiful smile. No matter your specific situation, our team is here to help you enjoy the benefits of a great smile. From small adjustments to more significant changes, we offer effective and reliable cosmetic dentistry that will
- Composite fillings
- Full Porcelain Crowns
- Crowns (Porcelain)
Contact us today to learn more about these procedures and to schedule a consultation to determine how we can best help you improve your smile. In the meantime, below is some information on the porcelain veneer treatment we provide.
Veneers – What Are They?
Our veneers are simply ultra-thin shells of porcelain which are bonded to the front of teeth. This treatment is used to cover undesirable defects in your front teeth that result from significant staining, damage due to an injury or a root-canal procedure. They are also ideal for hiding discolored fillings in front teeth. In addition to giving a beautiful and natural smile, they can provide strength and resilience comparable to natural tooth enamel. Patients enjoy dramatically brighter teeth that improve their confidence and smile.
Who Should Consider This Procedure?
Depending on your specific situation, porcelain veneers may be a good option for you to consider. Here are some reasons patients choose this treatment:
- Those dealing with teeth that are permanently discolored may consider this option. This discoloration can occur either because of root canal treatment; stains from tetracycline or other drugs; excessive fluoride or other causes; or the presence of large resin fillings that have discolored the tooth.
- Sometimes natural wearing down of the teeth can warrant veneers.
- Teeth that are chipped or broken due to injury or other circumstance can be corrected with this procedure.
- Patients who have misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped teeth can correct the appearance of their teeth with these porcelain shells.
- Teeth with gaps between them (to close the space between these teeth)
Patients can expect the treatment to take up to three appointments and will experience three main parts of the procedure:
- Review and Diagnosis – This is the initial step of the process where you will work directly with Dr. Ito to better understand what is needed for your particular smile. During this part of the process, definitely take the opportunity to express expectations and ask questions.
- Preparation – To prepare, your teeth will be lightly buffed in order to accommodate the addition of the veneer – this will require a local anesthetic. A mold is taken and sent to a lab to create custom veneers. Based on your situation, a temporary veneer may be placed until the shells are ready.
- Bonding – When they arrive, Dr. Ito will place the porcelain shells on your teeth to check the fit and color. We will then apply the veneer by cleansing the teeth with a special bonding adhesive. Once in place, we will harden the cement with LED technology.
Maintenance of Your New Smile
Maintaining your smile after this treatment requires the same healthy habits as your smile did before. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Continue to regularly brush and floss your teeth
- Use non-abrasive fluoride toothpaste
- Regular check-ups with Dr. Ito to ensure the veneers are successful and for periodic professional cleaning using specially formulated polish
- If you have an issue with grinding or clenching your teeth, Dr. Ito can provide a bite guard to help prevent damage
Take the Next Step to a Better Smile
As a preferred dental establishment in the area, we provide effective cosmetic dentistry in Phoenix, AZ that will help you restore your smile and confidence. Visit our other service pages to learn more about some of the other cosmetic procedures we provide, including porcelain dental implants, and porcelain crowns/bridges. Contact our team today and we’ll get you in to discuss which treatment is going to be best for your individual needs.